Aggie OneCard Multi-function ID Card
To enhance a more user-friendly environment for students, faculty, and staff by providing a high quality, single card system that allows efficient access to all card-related services throughout Murray State College and to seek new and expanded uses of the card through improved, advanced technology.
This policy has a college-wide applicability.
Terms are defined as needed within this document.
The Aggie OneCard is the official Murray State College picture ID card. In addition to identifying the relationship with Murray State College, the card provides access to campus events and activities, residence halls/other buildings, meal plans, and the library. Meal plans may only be used via the ID card or cash must be used to purchase a meal.
1. Who qualifies for a card?
b. Faculty & Staff: Permanent employees of Murray State College are entitled to a free Aggie OneCard as a condition of their employment.
c. Emeriti: Any individual that has been given an Emeriti status by Murray State College is entitled to a free ID card as a courtesy of past employment.
d. College Board: Any member of the College Board is entitled to a free card.
2. Expiration of Aggie OneCard: ID Cards are valid while cardholder still has an active status with Murray State College.
3. Procedure on ID Picture taking: For ID card pictures Murray State College requires individuals to remove any items not worn as part of their daily appearance (i.e. prescription eyeglasses). The only exceptions are items worn for cultural and religious reasons. All bandannas, hats, sunglasses and/or visors, etc. are to be removed before picture is taken.
4. Aggie Portal Fee Structure:
a. Student's First Card: Each student is charged an Aggie Portal fee which includes the cost of one student ID card. This includes the cost of the card and administrative cost associated with production.
b. Students Replacement Cards: A $25 fee paid via cash, check, or credit card to one of the MSC Retail locations where IDs are made. Costs for replacement cards cannot be charged to a student account.
c. Faculty/Staff/Others: Faculty and Staff are entitled to a free replacement card.
d. Free Replacement cards for cardholders:
- Extreme hardship cases - very rare; apartment fire for example
- If the card is not returned by the ATM during a transaction
5. Responsibilities as a Cardholder
a. Deactivating or Reinstating your Aggie OneCard: Students and other college cardholders do not have to surrender their cards upon discontinuing their employment/association with Murray State College. We have an automatic privilege assignment/removal process to enable or disable the ID card. If the card has the banking option, disabling the card would not deactivate the banking feature of the card.
b. Reporting a Lost/Stolen Card: If the ID card is an ATM/Check Card, you should immediately call (866) 348-3435, 24 hours a day. The cardholder will be asked several token questions to confirm account transaction authority. The College provides replacement service of ID cards during operational hours at one of the two ID Card Locations (MSC Bookstore in Tishomingo, Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p. m. or Murray on Main in Ardmore, Monday – Friday 10:00 a. m. – 5:00 p. m.)
6. Information Sources: Website address: www.MSCAggieOneCard.com
E. Effective Date: