The mission of the MSC Graduate Advisor, is to assist students to define, plan, and achieve their educational, personal, and career goals in a positive and supportive environment.
Our Advisement Philosophy
- Academic advising plays a key role in your understanding of the demands and expectations of Murray State College and higher education.
- Academic advising is not a onetime event, but a continued relationship between you and your Graduation Advisor.
- Graduation Advisors recognize and accept that all students are unique and enter the learning process at varying points.Your Graduation Advisor will work closely with you to identify and make your educational experience one that fits your needs, goals and plans.
- Graduation advisement is centered in the development of an academic plan. This plan will enhance your intellectual and personal growth, including the selection of appropriate classes to satisfy degree requirements in an efficient and effective manner. While your Graduation Advisor will help you to define your educational goals, the primary responsibility for decision-making rest with you, the student.
- We use the term “Graduation Advisement” to drive our culture of retention and degree completion. It is important to us, that you find success in education and walk across our stage having earned your degree.
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Student Services Suite 116
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
611 Veterans Blvd Building A
Executive Director of Advisement: Amanda Baldridge
Secretary of Advisement: Carmen Turner
Academic Advisor: Donna Roy
Academic Advisor: Susan Branch
Secretary/Enrollment Clerk: Traci Cummings
Academic Advisor: Marcus A. High
Testing Coordinator: Paula Henley
Murray State College Provides Opportunities for
Student Learning, Personal Growth, Professional Success, and Community Enhancement.