Student Success Center - LS 119
Our Mission: To enhance the academic and personal development of students through proactive and innovative programs.
Hours of Operation Contact Information
Monday - Thursday 7:30 am - 8:30 pm
Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm Christy Green, SSC Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm David Brantley, Tutor Coordinator email@example.com
The Student Success Center aims to serve all students in the pursuit of their academic and lifelong goals.
To achieve this, the Student Success Center looks to:
Our staff works to empower students to take an active role in their learning experience by fostering the development of critical thinking, active learning and increased self-awareness through collaborative partnerships with Student Success Center Tutors, Academic Success Coaches and Supplemental Instruction Leaders.
- Increase students’ knowledge of academic success skills, behaviors, and habits
- Assist students in becoming more independent, self-confident, and efficient learners
- Support student achievement by providing opportunities for critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and self-reflection
- Provide opportunities for positive peer support including academic and social integration
- Increase access to and facilitate use of success resources
- Engage in data tracking, full cycle assessment, strategic planning, and reporting
- Incorporate relevant research and implement best practices into programming and activities
- Collaborate with students, faculty, and staff to meet the college’s academic success, retention, and graduation goals and objectives
The Student Success Center provides free academic assistance through:
Interested in becoming a tutor? Contact David Brantley or Christy Green.
Murray State College Provides Opportunities for
Student Learning, Personal Growth, Professional Success, and Community Enhancement.