ADMISSION TO THE VETERINARY TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM
In order to apply to the Veterinary Technology Program, all applicants must meet the MSC admission requirements as well as the following:
- Enhanced National ACT composite score of 19 or above and sub-scores of 19 or above. SAT sub-scores above 480 SAT2/PSAT102 in Evidence Based-Reading & Writing and 530 in Math.
- Deficiency in sub-scores can be removed by taking appropriate courses.
- An accumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on all completed college course work.
The admission procedures are:
- Submit a Murray State College application to the Registrar’s Office.(www.mscok.edu)
- Submit a completed Veterinary Technology Application to the Veterinary Technology Office.
(Priority is given to complete applications received by March 15th)
- Submit to the Veterinary Technology Program all of the following:
- Official National ACT, SAT &/or ACCUPLACER Score Reports
- If Applicant has below a 19 ACT sub score in Reading, English or Math they must take the ACCUPLACER exam at Murray State College.
- If Applicant has below a 480 SAT2/PSAT102 sub score in Evidence Based-Reading & Writing or 530 Math they must take the ACCUPLACER exam at Murray State College.
- ACCUPLACER – Student practice exams – http://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/student/practice
- High school transcript or equivalent – Copy of Official transcript
- College transcript (s), if applicable - Copy of Official transcript
- Immunization record
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Clinical Observation Record
- Student must be able to meet the Essential Functions (physical and mental) requirements for Veterinary Technicians. A detailed list of these requirements are available in the Veterinary Technology Application link on the web page.
- Students accepted into the Program are required to attend the Veterinary Technology Orientation, which will be scheduled during the week prior to the beginning of the fall semester.
Veterinary Technology Program Admission Selection Procedure is as follows:
- Only completed applications with all documents will be considered for acceptance.
- Acceptance into the MSC Veterinary Technology Program is competitive. Applicants will be awarded points and ranked according to the admission point system. The Veterinary Technology Selection Committee will make the final determination regarding applicant ranking and total selection point calculations. Priority for acceptance is based on the applicants rank.
- Applicants having identical selection point totals will be ranked according to individual GPA, ACT and Science course grades.
- Qualified applicants who have not been selected for admission into the Fall Class may be placed on an alternate list.
- Alternates will be notified after summer semester grades are released of the current application year.
Application for Murray State College
Application for Veterinary Technology
Essential Functions (Technical Skills) List
Cost of Program
Veterinary Technology scholarships available: